I am often asked at Arizona Hiking Adventures; what are the hiking essentials that are required for any trip?
Although my packing list varies somewhat based upon where I am hiking, there are always 10 items that I insure are in my pack for every trip, whether it be hiking in Havasupai Falls, Arizona or in the mountains of Peru and
- Map and compass (I know that really is 2, but who is counting!)
- Seasonal clothing (insulted layers)
- Fire starter (waterproof matches/lighter)
- Water and extra water (hydration pack)
- Knife (carbon blade for spark production)
- First aid kit
- Water purification (iodine solution/tablets, water filtration devices)
- Emergency blanket and tarp for cover.
During your guided hiking trip with Arizona Hiking Adventures our guides will carry all essential items required to insure your safety, so that you can relax and enjoy your day.